Thursday, September 18, 2014

Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 12:26 PM

Yoooo,
 
Another week in the CCM down! We got a lot of sun this week which is unusal for Lima, it is very cloudy and foggy everyday. Also filled with a lot of learning haha. I dont think I have ever adapted so quickly to anything like this in my life, it is a huge blessing. I pour my soul into my journal every night and I hope I can show you guys atleast a fraction of what Im experiencing every day in my emails!
 
I failed to mention last week that another Elder, Elder Stephens joined our companionship so we're in a trio now! We are all so extremely different from each other but we all put up with it and just try to do work. Elder S is our district leader and is a comical genius/spiritual giant. Elder Gibson is just a calculating fool and never stops thinking at 100mph, haha. Love these guys, teaching them is a dream and we had our best lesson ever yesterday, flippin rocked it but there is still alot to learn in the aspect of teaching haha. We talk like little ninos.
 
We've been so humbled with our spanish and our missionary attitude as a whole, I used to read other guys' spiritual experiences at the MTC/ on the field and be like "how can you progress so much in so short a time?" but now I see it happening in my life and it's incredible. I about keel over everynight! which is a good thing.
 
There's a legacy here at the Peru CCM for a sort of club called the Order of the Tie haha, where one elder is chosen to where this ugly tie in the district picture at the end of our stay here, it's so hilarious. you'd have to be here haha I wish I could explain more. But we have meetings every now and then and its such a good release. You gotta have a good laugh and release once in a while! anyways this tradition has been passed down for like 2 years so its pretty sickkkkk. but yeah. Kevin when you get down here I will have a spot reserved for you.
 
One of our investigators we're teaching relapsed with alcohol this week so we have to reset his baptismal date which is unfortunate. Even though its our teacher I still have so much compassion for this fake individual haha. Im thinking about relating to him about my experience being addicted to Mountain dew and QT. jokes!
 
A super spiritual thing is that we've decided to do scripture study as a group of guys everynight in our dorms and Ive never seen more of an outpouring of the spirit and such wisdom and good stories in a sitting, I love it. It kinda reminds me of Dead Poets society. or dead prophets society which hopefully isnt sacreligious haha.
 
I also gained 12 pounds already hahahaha I never though it would be possibly but it has. I eat like a psycho
 
Anyways thanks for reading this email and I hope life is the best. the gospel is good in the hood.
 
peace,
 
Elder Caldwell.

No comments:

Post a Comment