Saturday, October 10, 2015

10-10-15

hello!

This week was one of reflection for me. My new responsibilites are mainly just to help other missionaries, and we had a crazy week moving other missionaries around and tending to their needs as they changed areas and such. So, some of my time proselyting normally was cut short as we were so busy. I realized I needed to be a missionary in every moment.

I began to open my mouth more, especially to those who drive taxis. Even if I can't successfully sit down with them and have a prayer, I explained and "proclaimed" as much of the Restoration I could. It was a joy, and I met many friends in the process. I especially remember a taxi man named Carlos. He was bald and had a sweet goatee. He was a quiet man but I got him to open up a little to me. He explained to me some of his beliefs, and I shared my ever deepening testimony of the everlasting love our Savior, and our Heavenly Father has for us. He agreed and I explained to him a little about how even loves us so much, that he gave us another book of scripture. He told me he knew of the Book of Mormon. I was so excited. After a year in the mission, you learn to be direct and bold if you want results. I asked him straight up, "so now that you know so much about this book, will you promise me to really read about it and pray about it?" He said yes. I pray he does. I know it will change Carlos' life. I love this gospel, and the ability to share it so simply. I don't want my time to end.

"O then despise not, and wonder not, but hearken unto the words of the Lord, and ask the Father in the name of Jesus for what things soever ye shall stand in need. Doubt not, but be believing, and begin as in times of old, and come unto the Lord with all your heart, and work out your own salvation with fear and trembling before him." - Mormon 9.27

If you all watched conference real well, you might remember the talk about Ponderizing. I love it, this scripture is the one I'm pondering over. I love the fact that we are in charge of our own salvation at the end of it all, no one else. Not satan, not any bad people who have done us wrong, just us. We decide to repent and change our ways. We have that power. I'm learning to come unto Him ever more in my prayers as I try to ponder before I pray and really do it with all of my power. It is hard work. But boy its cool.

I wish I had more experiences to share with you all. This week sums up to be busy but at the same time peaceful. With this gospel that is possible. In times of just complete disaster or comodity, we can still find the peace we ever so need with a simple prayer. Keep going on you guys. Just be a good person. 

Elder Caldwell.


No comments:

Post a Comment