Sunday, February 7, 2016

2-6-16

folks,

what a wonferfully hard week. I learned a lot about following the spirit. I won´t go into details, but the scripture Moroni 7:13 really helped me. It says: But behold, that which iof God inviteth and enticeth to do agood   continually; wherefore, every thing which inviteth and benticeth to do  cgoodand to love God, and tserve him, is dinspired of God.

the transfer has officially come to an end, and so we embark on another journey. we´ll see what comes next. We have a really cool area, called Santa Rosa. We have to travel a good 10 minutes to get out there everyday, and it is straight dirt and looks apocalyptic. We love the chamba. We ended up finding this family out there in the oasis, the Reyes family and found out the mother and grandmother of the fam are members, but son muy descarriados. I have found a lot of joy in teaching them, and Francisco. We have to teach so simply to understand, and with my complicated brain I tend to make things more complicated then they need to be. Then in one lesson while we were teaching Francisco (who is progressing great, has a new date for the 20th) about fasting, I realize how simple the gospel for the 170th time and it gives me so much hope. It is the perfect formula to live a happy life. It even says about fasting in Doctrine and Covenants: Verily, this is fasting and prayer, or in other words, rejoicing and prayer. Dc 59.14 

Tomorrow we will rejoice. 

Well, to sum up everything else, we worked more in the office, not much to note, but I do love serving. 

To end, and I know this email Ive done nothing but quote scriptures, but I want to quote a talk I read from Richard G. Scott. "Now share an experience thataught me way to gain spiritual        guidance. One Sunday attended the priesthood meeting of a Spanish branch in Mexico City.vividly recall how humble Mexican priesthood leader struggled to communicate the truths of the gospel in his lesson material. noted the intense desire he had to share those principles he strongly valued with his quorum members. He recognized that they were of great worth to the brethren present. In his manner, there was aevidence of pure love of the Savior and love of those he taught.
His sincerity, purity of intent, and love permitted spiritual strength to  envelop the room. was deeply touched. Thebegan to receive   personal impressions as an extension of the principles taught by that humble instructor. They were personal and related to my assignments in the areaThey came in answer to my prolonged, prayerful efforts to learn."
 I would love to live as that brother who taught the class. Not to be perfect, but to have such a desire to get across those plain truths that you cannot help but feel that desire and his spirit. I would love to live everyday with such desire and spirit.
Elder Caldwell.
Pics: 
my stud new comp (on the right) baptized a family in his old area, we were privileged to go to the service.
finally to see a picture of Francisco. the man, the myth, the peruvian legend.
office farewell to a soldier, elder gibson.


No comments:

Post a Comment