Monday, January 26, 2015

todo va estar bien 1/26/15

Como estan mi familia y mis amigos,

Howdy do! This week was a huge hit, the bolivian Elder Copa and I did
some big things and had some good numbers. Which is funny, we felt
this week was really focused just on the needs of the people and with
that focus, which is really the focus we should have as missionaries,
we had the most successful week overall. I’m super happy as we have a
bunch of new people to work with and a lot of progress to accomplish
with them this week! One story is that we found this less active
member with her children and our fist contact with her was a little
bad, she had totally refused us. But the second time we tried to visit
her she sat us down and told us basically that she feels really
strongly about coming back to church just out of nowhere! We just
looked at each other and were like yeah!  Also the investigator we’re
working heavily on is Josefina, an older woman, who we taught the plan
of salvation to this week and we invited her to be baptized in
February. She was a little concerned about her preparation, she really
wants to be the upmost prepared for her baptism which we admire a lot
and we’re going to keep working on it so she feels confident about her
date! She reads every chapter we give her in the book of Mormon and
told me yesterday in church, “wow the last chapter I read… seems
baptism is really essential.”  Sin duda she is awesome.
This last week Elder Price and I actually did climb a mountain and
visited some farms in the pouring rain, the first Peruvian mountain!
So green and cool. I probably wont have the chance to send some
pictures for awhile but they are good. We also had companionship
exchanges, I was with Elder Solorzano the zone leader for the day, and
so I was in charge of our area and I was pretty nervous to do all that
work, but it ended up turning out fine and I learned a lot, truly I
know that Heavenly Father will help us accomplish anything He puts in
our way.
This week will be a good one, my Peruvian friends are going to make a
cake for me and smash my face in it as they do with everyone here who
has a birthday, and we also have interviews with the president!
Excited for all dat good stuff.

 I hope all is the best this week, enjoy your last week of January!!

Attentamente,
Elder Caldwell

No comments:

Post a Comment