Monday, March 16, 2015

Monday, March 16, 2015

Sent: Monday, March 16, 2015 9:53 AM
 Subject: espeluznante

 "I can live with some human imperfections, even among prophets of God - that is to be expected in mortals. I can live with some alleged scientific findings contrary to the book of mormon, time will correct those. And I can live with some seeming historical anomalies, they are minor in the total landscape of truth. But I cannot live without the doctrinal truths and ordinances restored by Joseph Smith, I cannot life without the priesthood of God to bless my family, and I cannot live without knowing my wife and children are sealed to me for eternity. That is the choice we face - a few unanswered questions on one hand versus a host of doctrinal certainties and the power of God on the other." - Tad R. Callister. This week was honestly one of the best in my mission, and I aint lying yo! At the first of the week I was kind of skeptical and a little worried about the progression of everyone who we've been teaching, especially Esther and Felix, but we got just completely slammed with answers to prayers and major blessings. Well, to start off the week, we visited our good old friends who Ive been talking about for awhile, esther and felix. Right off the bat, esther was like "yeah... well Im going to get baptized without a doubt. Felix said he wants to get baptized this next saturday too." HOLY MOSES! I have never felt so happy for someone, they are totally going to get baptized and enjoy the spirit and inner peace they have longed for for awhile now. I wish I could express to you guys in voice rather than an email how happy I am for them. Ill be sure to send many pictures of this Saturday! Another nice tidbit that happened this week was that we met a sort of stressed single mother this week named Andrea, she is super prepared for the gospel, and the first investigator Ive ever seen, and elder Lloyds ever seen, to accept a baptismal date the first lesson. She had never prayed before, and we asked her if she could pray with us as we were closing the lesson. She did, and started crying. Pretty soon we were all crying with spirit so strong in that room. Immediately afterwards she said to us, "I really want to see this church, what time do I come, in what type of clothes?" she also told us that she is comfortable getting baptized this 18th of april. It was super sweet. Also something funny. Elder Lloyd and I were walking around in the peruvian suburbs and we paused in the street for a sec to check our agendas, when something exploded right next to our feet. I looked up to a roof to see like a 13 year old kid with a waterballoon in his hand. We were getting hit with waterballoons! it was payback probably for all the stuff I did with my friends in highschool. hahaha bueno, I compartir con ustedes my love, stay gringo. Elder Caldwell some pics. I was with an elder chempen for a day. this is him and also us eating a classic peruano meal, chicken and that gold drink




No comments:

Post a Comment