Monday, July 13, 2015

7-13-15

Me encanta este escritura. "yea, and cry unto God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever." - alma 37.36. its the little things.

wow, this week though. I bet I say every week how great the week was, how it was the best week yet, but this week I really mean it! This week was just straight work. Elder Lloyd's already going home, and I have a new companion. His name is Elder Mollo! I hear he is from Lima. I'm ready for a fresh start and to have a native companion. Full spanish! 

and may I add full chamba! I can't even describe how much joy this week gave me. It seemed like the Lord wanted to help out my companion, and me, and give us motivation. Elder Lloyd for home, and me still for working in the field. Let me start with an amazing experience we had with the spirit. We were in a big street, knocking on a door to visit an investigator, but they ended up not being there. We were kinda just paused on the street, looking at our planners, thinking of where to go next. I looked up, and there was a mother and son chasing around their dog that had escaped from their house. It was kind of a typical scene here, so I didn't think much. My companion noticed it too. We hesitated, searched our feelings and decided together to go try to help this mother get her dog back inside. We succeeded, and the dogs name was boby. haha! We started talking to her, and she just started talking about her life. Everything she said, EVERYTHING she said was just chalked full of things we could relate to the gospel, and every problem she told us about could be resolved with living the gospel. The spirit prompted me to share my testimony and how Christ could help us overcome such obstacles, we just need to ask him and strive to act. She responded positively by saying, "I believe that. we need to put in our part to recieve answers" we were blown away. our thoughts were that she was straight gold! Then, out of nowhere, came her husband (theyre married!) and he told us about the contact he had had with the missionaries years ago. He dug out a dusty book of mormon and told us he read half of it. He told us he loved how clear it was, and also the testimony of Joseph Smith. We were on the verge of tears, it was such a miracle to find this family. Their names are Jenny and Edwin Soto Cueva. We invited them to be baptized on the 1st of August, and also sealed the next year. Elder Mollo and I are going to be working with them a lot, I pray that they can achieve their goals and feel the spirit blessing their lives personally and as a family. Man.

such greatness!!! love my life as a missionary. also, the other families we are teaching are progressing great. Yolanda and her grandchildren are going to get baptized next saturday. They want me to baptize all 3 of them. I'm a little nervous for that! But also so grateful to take part of that step of their lives. they read the book of mormon everyday! Yolanda, the grandma, has to read it with her giant magnifying glass because her eyes arent too great, but she takes a lot of time to read each day. What patience and diligence she has. The people of Peru are truly amazing, and I know there are people like this all over the world. The Lord prepares the way for these people, and we have to prepare ourselves to help them and reach this goal of eternal life. 

Well, I send my love to all of you this Monday Morning. I'm still waiting around for my companion Elder Mollo. I hear he is serious and likes to work out. Fine by me haha. Love you all so much!!

Elder Caldwell.

pics: elder passey my homeboy from good old mesa az. he ends his mission soon.

rooftop gazing with the other elders

No comments:

Post a Comment