Monday, July 27, 2015

7-27-15

"Therefore, come unto me speedily with a few of your men, and leave the remainder in the charge of Lehi and Teancum; give unto them power to conduct the wair in that part of the land, according to the Spirit of God, which is also the spirit of freedom which is in them." alma 61.15

Tomorrow is the independence day of Peru! This week we celebrated much freedom. There are peruvian flags on almost all of the buildings out here, the streets decked out in red and white. It's also getting slightly colder at night, hallelujah. It's almost as great as America, haha.

We also celebrated the freedom of sins we could say! This week we were able to baptize our 4 investigators, Rafael, Yolanda, Ariana, and Laurence. Oh man the spirit was so wonderful. We had planned like I stated last week to have a Noche blanca on saturday, but Rafael wasn't able to that day so we baptized him the day before on friday. It was the most tranquil and spiritually charged baptism. No one could really attend from the ward, because everyone was working, so there was about 5 people. We got changed into all white, and we held his little baptismal service in front of the font. I stood up and gave a few words, and shared a few scriptures that had impacted him during our time as we taught him. It was a really personal time, as I mainly just looked at him the whole time I was talking. The words and spirit was flowing. We then entered into the font, and I was able to baptize him. As we left the font to go into the bathroom, I looked back to see him paused on the steps. He was letting some drops fall off of him into the water, and so I asked him what he was doing. He replied, "Well, I'm just making sure all that sin is off me." What a wonderful guy. This is a gospel of change.

Then came the next day.thechapel was chalked full of people, awaiting to see the baptisms of our wonderful 3 and some others from the other Elders. A lot of other investigators and people were able to witness the event of baptism, just like Christ did it when he was on the earth. Everything went so smoothly, and it was hard not to cry I was so overwhlemed with how grateful I was to able to do all this, and how much our Father in Heaven had provided us with. I hope we can just keep on working our hardest to keep finding prepared people by Him. He loves us so much. Through helping others, we help ourselves. 

We were able to hear some other good news this week (how could it get any greater( and find out that our great friend, hermano Segundo, a man we reactivated not too long ago had recieved his endowments. He shared of his great spiritual experience, don't worry not too in detail, and I have never seen a man so ready to share the gospel and just keep learning more. He just eats everything up and comprehends everything. Why am I so blessed to be in this area! 

I hope this week is a great one for all of you, I miss you all a ton but I know that this work really is of the Lord, and that he loves us all so much. This is His church. 

Loveeeee,

Elder Caldwell.

DC 58. 26 thorugh 33. read it!

PICS:

the flag of freedom

rafael, greatest man on earth

yolanda, laurence, y ariana


No comments:

Post a Comment