Monday, July 20, 2015

7/20/15

"Now, when I think of the success of these my brethren my soul is carried away, even to the seperation of it from the body, as it were, so great is my joy." 

I wish I could describe to you all the happiness I feel today, but the scripture I shared is close to it. Before I go into this week, though, let me tell you all a little about my new companion Elder Mollo! He is from Arequipa, Peru, and is 25 years old. He was 7 when I was born, haha! He is only a convert of a little more than 2 years. That tells you a lot right there about his devotion. As a new convert, and missionary, he understands the gospel very simply, and I love that about him. It's perfect to teach people. There is a great joy in simplicity I have come to discover, about everything. 

I have yelled with joy a few times this week at what happened. The week was difficult, as I tried to teach my new companion a little about our area and our investigators. We didn't get into too many houses, but the ones we did, we felt the spirit helping us. A miracle approached us at the end of the week. I know I have described before one of my favorite investigators and friends we have, Rafael. He is an amazing human being who's past is pretty much full of crime and jail. He had his baptism interview the otherday, and HE PASSED. HE'S GOING TO GET BAPTIZED. Never in a human being have I seen so much change in someone. He prays, he reads, he goes to church. And his life is changing, and will change even more as he takes this step to baptism this friday. Holy moly. Wish you could meet this man. He's doing all he can, and we are too to help him! We are so blessed! This is the smallest area we have in all of the mission, and I can firmly say it is the area with the most miracles. I think I only have a few weeks here left in this area and I pray I can do the best before I leave.

We, also, as a stake and mission zone, are having an event this saturday called White Night, the Noche Blanca. Around 8 to 10 people are going to get baptized all that day, including our wonderful 3 people we teach. Yolanda, Ariana, y Lauren. They are the best. I can't wait to you all can see the pictures of us in white next week! They are so stoked for their baptism.

We are so blessed to be able to touch lives as missionaries, and I know that not only the missionaries have this opportunity. Every member has the ability to touch lives the way we do. Keep doing the little things, and God will present you with opportunities to do so. 

Love you all, 

Elder Caldwell.

pics:

elder mollo 

and the most legendary, this guy, Juan Alba, is a pioneer of the stake I'm in right now. thomas s monson gave him the priesthood

No comments:

Post a Comment