Sunday, September 27, 2015

9-26-15

mis queridos,

welp my life got flipped upside down here in the mission.

let me get started, from the beginning.

like I told you guys last week, I was closing down the work here in beloved Yungay, sadly, and we had a bunch of big plans to go tell everyone in the pueblo about the church in Yungay and make invitations and everything. we told all the members, and of course they were super depressed, as were we. a few tears were shed but I know that this is the will of God for right now and its in His hands, what else can we do.

each friday in Yungay we had a little activity night like family home evening in which we invite everyone to come down to a house and hear a little message from us, play some games and drink some inka kola with the fam. we were planning out with my companion, and we felt impressed to use a video called "the will of God" its a mormon message from my man D. Todd Christofferson, one of my favorites. I had watched it before the mission but I could never really relate to it like I can now. 

this is the video: its about Hugh B. Brown, a general authority from back in the day who bought an old farm in Canada. as he was going around fixing some things, he found a large fruit bush thing that wasnt producing any fruit, so he decided to cut it down to a very small size. on the tips of the cut branches he saw what was sap, that looked like tears to him. the bush seemed to say, "how could you do this to me?" In response, he said, "Im the gardener here. I know what you are to become." the fruit bush eventually began to grow, and grow with fruit. It then says another experience of brother brown that reminded him that God is the gardener in our lives, that he is in charge and that he will cut us down sometimes so we can grow.

The Lord definitely decided to cut us down here in Yungay, the members the most. It was so that they can grow in their faith, to keep moving on even without the support of the missionaries. we showed the video to our small band of faithful members and investigators, and they were crying. It was hard not to, with the weight of what was about to happen over our heads. 

an hour before we had our little activity night I got a call from the mission President asking me to be a new secretary in the office here in the mission. I was super blindsided, and I thought of the video, right when Im just learning how to enjoy my calling as district leader and my time in Yungay, "how could you do this to me?" but I know that this is His will, that Im supposed to be here right now. Ill be cut down, and I will eventually grow. that is the process in life. we need to choose to grow. 

so im here back in trujillo in the office right now writing you guys. my new pday will be on saturday, as long as im here so keep that in mind!! life is crazy. im already learning so much. I love my time out here. Im so excited to work alongside President Rios and learn from him daily. im going to be humbled greatly.

love you all so much!! hope the week is a good one, I got a lot of pictures for you today!





No comments:

Post a Comment