Saturday, January 16, 2016

1-16-16

Heyo,

Another week, they keep going real fast. 

I like this quote: “Never assume that you can make it alone. You need the help of the Lord. Never hesitate to get on your knees in some private place and speak with Him.”
Gordon B. Hinckley,

I printed it out and handed it to my district here in the office to put up by their desk. I don´t know much about others, but when hard things come along, be it spiritual, physical, mental, I tend to put the Lord and the basic principles on the back-burner and just try to figure it out by myself. I can´t do that anymore. Another lesson learned here in the mission, #374. 

I have found myself trying to put God first more in my life, and I don´t know why I haven´t tried it before. Like Dieter F. Uchtdorf says, "It works wonderfully!". 

We keep chugging along, learning lessons along the way here. I realize all my life will be like this. Keep going, learning, fighting trials, holding on to the gospel to get me through. Woo!

We were able to catch Francisco twice this week (Thanks for your guys´prayers) and to teach him very important commandments of God. I loved to see how willing he was to accept the commandments of the Word of Wisdom, Chastity, and among others. He is up in Huamachucho now working but I pray he remembers to read his scriptures and remember the lessons we taught him. More than anything, I remember the lessons he has taught us. Tonight we have the gran gusto to go to the baptism of Cynthia, my how fast she progressed in just 3 weeks. She came in this week and told us she had fasted and had gotten her concrete answer that this is for her and that she will get baptized today. Excited for you guys to see her next week when I send pictures, and also of Francisco.

Today for Pday we had the opportunity to also cook and eat with our good taxi/chauffer friend Joel. He has been one of my best friends in the office, and although doesn´t share the same beliefs as us, invited us into his house to learn to cook Arroz Chaufa with him and his family. They are amazing. At the table eating, I don´t know how much the subject of Joseph Smith got put on. And so we shared what we believed Joseph Smith did and he was pretty struck (in a good way). I hope that is an opportunity for the gospel to go into his life, if not shared by us than by other good missionaries in the future. 

Well, I love you all. January is already passing us by. Recuerdan a poner Dios en el primer plano. Les amo.

-Elder Caldwell.





No comments:

Post a Comment