Monday, June 6, 2016

5-6-16

herro,

another week in the life. Ive accepted the fact that time is going by faster than I want it, and there isnt much I can do about it. Thanks for all your letters of support and love this day.

There are a lot of things that went well this week. We had a really stellar one, working with members and my kid Elder Gavidia is learning to teach better and better. Its all a process. Things were really looking up and after a sweet training I was feeling a lot more motivated and happy. Haha, then yesterday happened and I had some sort of stomach bug and it all went downhill, had to stay in the room all day but thats ok, what matters is that its over and I am becoming the more refined and better for it.

I know I mentioned this yeah awhile ago, about a mormon message I really like about the will of god. I couldnt stop thinking about it yesterday battling sickness and some discouraging thoughts and how God sometimes cuts us down like how sometimes we trim our grass or gardens. Its so we can grow to be better and bloom. An experience we had I think 2 weeks ago that I wanted to mention but I forgot kind of illustrated that with a Less active man we are teaching, Antonio. We hadnt planned to visit him that night but everything dropped and I thought, well lets go see him. We got there and let us in immediately really happy to see us. That doesnt happen often in missionary work haha. But he sat us down and we read a scripture with him about the importance of going to church. He broke down and told us how things were going so bad in his marriage and that his daughter was sick and he was blaming it on himself and he told us that this was the thing he needed to hear, to go back to church and try it out again. He then told us that he had been praying for days now so that he could find us so that we could give his daughter a blessing of health because he didnt feel worthy to do it. We did and he was so grateful. I was grateful for him, and that he was so sincere. I know God had cut him down in that moment, and he is in the process of growing into something much better. He came to church on Sunday. Im rooting for you, Antonio. If any thing can be changed, it is due to applying the teachings of Jesus in our lives.

Im thankful for the experience of the mission to teach me my weakness and to convert them into my strengths. And to help others on the way. Im still in the process on a lot of things, but I know that there is hope and happiness ahead if we just turn to Him. 

Only got a few weeks left. Its go time.

Elder Caldwell.

pics

forgot to take pictures again. But here is one with our lider misional. He is a swell guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment