Wednesday, November 12, 2014

November 10, 2014

From: James Caldwell <caldwell.james@myldsmail.net>
To: jmcaldwell22@yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2014 9:36 AM
Subject: Lord of the Rings

Howdy howdy, (mom could you forward this to all my regular people I
email, the internet here wont let me)

Super happy with how this week went! A lot happened, Elder Copa and I
took a trip down to Trujillo and partook in a little meeting where I
got to see my district from the CCM again and hear a powerful lesson
from President Marler about our vision of our areas! We have a new
vision for Otuzco now and a lot is happening already!
   
We are teaching more investigators and scouting out more recent
converts and teaching them, and we already have a man named Tomas who
wants to be baptized! He’s a sweet dude, he has a sincere want to
learn more about the gospel. He wears a sombrero too which is a plus
haha! He came to al 3 hours of church yesterday and loved it, I’m
super excited to have someone progressing.
   
We also travelled 4 hours up into the mountains to an area called
Huamachuco for Zone Conference, which was also about our vision. On
the way back to Otuzco our bus broke down 6 times haha, but the
scenery was insanely beautiful, it was like Lord of the Rings and
Walter Mitty combined. I was so happy to break down and just look at
all the greenery and llamas frolicking in the mountainside, it was a
dream come true.
I’ll let you all know how Tomas is next week and if we have any other
focuses! I am very thankful for you all and hope some of my pics go
through, yall haven’t seen me for almost 3 months! Haha.

Con amor,
Elder Caldwell

No comments:

Post a Comment