Monday, December 8, 2014

Date: Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 8:49 AM Subject: Calm before the fiesta

“wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the
foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that
which is great.” Dc 64.33. this week started off with a multi zone
which helped me a ton with reference to teaching skills, and I got to
hang out with Elder Passey for awhile! I also had the opportunity to
go proselyting with a different Elder for a night in Trujillo. E’
Dority and I contacted the whole night, something I didn’t have too
much experience in over in my area, and boy did he throw me under the
bus haha! But I am thankful he did, it was a huge growing experience
for my courage and confidence, and I was so happy that I could just
communicate with the people and talk to them about the church and this
special time of year. It was super cool, we would just pause in the
street and e’dority would say, “just feel the spirit for a little.
Talk to whoever you feel the spirit directs.” We ended up contacting 6
people, all who wanted to learn more and were so nice. It was so easy
to talk to the people after awhile because the gospel is so natural to
talk about and as e’dority said, “talking about Jesus is fun!” haha,
its true.

I don’t know if I mentioned anything about a golden family we found
awhile back, but wow, they are the best. Wilder, mirla, and their
children eulacy and lionel have such good desires and actually are
reading the book of Mormon and pray as a family. When I hear them talk
about nephi or their prayers, I’ve never been more happy. To see their
progress as a family is a testimony builder for sure. They’re not
married yet, and we have plans to marry them in January and then
baptize them. A huge bummer is that I have a chance to get changed out
of the area after the new year, I never want to leave Otuzco!!

This next week is going to be crazy, we’re going up to huamachuco for
zone conference and then when we return the party starts for the
catholics! We might have to bunker down in our apartment for awhile!
Ill let you know how everything goes. I love you all bastante, and
make sure to watch “he is the gift”!! its powerful. You’ve proabably
all seen it though. Another sweet message is “mountains to climb”

Hasta luego, (internet is terrible again so I cant send pictures)
Elder Caldwell

(mom for whoever didnt get this email in the fam could you send it to
them, I can only enter in a certain amount of people)

No comments:

Post a Comment