Wednesday, December 17, 2014

December 15, 2014 4:00 PM










Sent:
 Monday,December 15, 2014 4:00 PM
Subject: We skip town

Alooooha,

All is well in good old Trujillo! This week, in Otuzco started the grand fiesta, and we were super freaked out! I looked out of my window the day we left and noticed people crawling on their knees, on all fours, and on their backs! they do this every year to pay their respects the virgin of the door! super crazy. So all four of us elders packed up for the week, and now me and my comp are with the Zone Leaders in an area called Primavera! it's where elder passey is and I see him all the time! Their stake is so great, we had a christmas devotional/concert thing yesterday where I got to relive my taylor junior high choir days once more and sing in a choir. Soooo many people showed up, I felt like I was in America once more in a giant chapel with all these people. 

Mainly this week we're just going to be chilling (working really hard) with the zone leaders and I'm excited to learn from their examples. one of them is an elder swaney from California, who went to byu hawaii before his mish and we just talk about surfing and camping! and missionary stuff. While we were running around the city delivering some stuff I saw the beach for the first time in almost 4 months and I wanted to cry haha but I didn't, and got a sweet pic with e' swaney. 

I also went to zone conf. in Huamachuco earlier this week which is always great to travel to the land of Lord of the Rings, and learned a lot about the importancy of unity in the work and in the companionship. I am so happy with how my training and companionship has been going with elder Copa, it's been going by way too fast. 

Well I love you all so much, and I'm going to throw in a lot of pictures because the internet here is the best thing 

ALSO: I accept all christmas gifts. haha kidding, but here is the address to send all things to in my mission because some people were wondering:

MISION PERU TRUJILLO
Av. Larco 849 - 3er piso
Urb. La Merced - Casilla 10
Trujillo

love,
elder caldwell

No comments:

Post a Comment